Friday, October 8, 2010

Chronicles of a Jersey York Girl

Hi all! Welcome to my new blog! I'm trying something a little different this time around (don't worry, I haven't abandoned Dirty Dishin'). Life as a Jersey girl can be very interesting; add working in the Big Apple to that and you've got a recipe for adventure. Yet, as insane as life can get, time has proven over and over that it really is a small world (hence the title). This blog will somewhat chronicle the happenings in my crazy bubble of a world, documenting my favorite hot spots and such in the process. I'm hoping that my followers will find this interesting and fun as well as informative. So, enough with the backstory, let's get to it...

Those of you who know me know that I am an avid sports fan. The Yanks are in the playoffs and, to me, this means a chance to go out and drink during the week without being judged. Last night, I chose to watch the game at one of my all-time favorite bars, the Silver Bell Tavern in North Arlington, NJ, known to its loyal patrons as simply, "The Bell,"


As you can see, The Bell is the type of place "where everyone has a good time." With $1.75 drafts all day every day, how could you not? Aside from awesome drink prices, what I really love about The Bell is that you can just walk in there by yourself and not feel weird because it's so quaint and everyone who goes there is friendly, especially the bartenders (Love ya Bob!). And if you get hungry, you can just walk next door to Pizza Land, of Soprano fame, for a delicious thinner-than-thin-crust slice.

If you live in New York and can't get over to Jersey to support the Yanks in their quest for #28, there are plenty of fun places in the city. My favorite--Latitude at 48th and 8th. They've got great Happy Hour specials that go until 8pm...a real treat since most places end at 7. I recommend their margaritas which are generally pretty strong and, at $4 a pop, are quite the bargain. If you get the munchies, try their fries with 3 dipping sauces...seriously, yummm!!!

No matter what venue you choose, I strongly encourage you to go out and watch the games. You never know who you might meet or what kind of fun you might have. You may just find yourself 7 beers deep without even opening up your wallet like a certain person I know last night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment